Date(s) - 09/27/2012 - 09/30/2012
10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Moksha Yoga Center
Students this age are well into the somewhat nebulous phase of “adolescence”. Many changes are occurring and social groups become paramount. Students in this age group want to learn in deeper ways and are ready for more subtle aspects of the practice. They are bombarded by adult-style stressors and benefit greatly from the specific stress reducing techniques. We will explore ways to express the essence of each pose in a clear, simple, engaging way – keeping the atmosphere relaxing and soothing for these students who can be overwhelmed with input from many aspects of their lives. The importance of addressing each student as an individual and with respect will be emphasized.
Included in this training:
- Principals of child development as applied to the practice of Yoga (physical, mental/emotional/social and spiritual)
- Complete lesson plans you can use right away
- Detailed class plan outline with specific strategies for creating a safe, engaging and effective Yoga practice.
- Sequencing, modifications and adjustments
- Meditation, mantras and mudras
- “Creating a Cooperative Classroom” strategies
- Games, crafts, stories, songs and “props” to support the practice
- Techniques for teaching Yoga to families
- Practice of Yoga nidra and how to incorporate it into your teaching
- Sensory integration concepts and strategies