Date(s) - 10/06/2012 - 10/10/2012
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Ranch
Since this is a very playful age, we focus on games, imagination, stories and simple practices to introduce the healthy benefits of Yoga. Children in this age range want to jump right in and move. They do not wait for demonstration. You will be shown ways to move with the children, demonstrating and verbally cueing as you go. Focus is on enjoying Yoga through play. Social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of children at this stage will be addressed. Engaging interaction and enthusiastic communication skills will also be taught along with methods for creating a positive classroom environment.
Included in this training:
- Principals of child development as applied to the practice of Yoga (physical, mental/emotional/social and spiritual)
- Complete lesson plans you can use right away
- Detailed class plan outline with specific strategies for creating a safe, engaging and effective Yoga practice.
- Sequencing, modifications and adjustments
- Meditation, mantras and mudras
- “Creating a Cooperative Classroom” strategies
- Games, crafts, stories, songs and “props” to support the practice
- Techniques for teaching Yoga to families
- Practice of Yoga nidra and how to incorporate it into your teaching
- Sensory integration concepts and strategies